[A] SSC CGL 2017 Notification
- SSC CGL Vacancy 2017
- SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
- SSC CGL Exam Centre
[B] SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
[C] SSC CGL Exam Pattern
[D] SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
[E] How to Apply
[F] SSC CGL Cut off
[A] SSC CGL 2017 Notification
SSC CGL 2017 Tier-II Exam has been now postponed to 18.01.2018 to 20.01.2018. Earlier the exam was scheduled for 21st to 24th Dec 2017. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-III is scheduled on 31.03.2018 & Tier-IV is scheduled on May/June 2018 (Skill Test). Prepare effectively through SSC CGL Preparation for Tier-II, III & IV Exam.
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has declared the Result, Marks & Cut-Off List of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Exam. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Exam was held from 5th August to 23rd August 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key
SSC(Staff Selection Commission) has updated the Final Answer Key of SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Examination, 2017, and the result for the same has declared on 30.10.2017. In order to ensure greater transparency in the examination system, and in the interest of the candidates, the Commission has uploaded the Final Answer keys along with Question Paper(s) on the website of the Commission on 22nd November 2017. The candidates may take a print out of their respective Question Paper(s) along with the Final Answer Keys. This facility will be available for the candidates up to 5.00 P.M. of 22.12.2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification
The recruitment notification for SSC CGL 2017 has been finally released by Staff Selection Committee of India. Tier-I exam of SSC CGL 2017 will be conducted from 5th August 2017 to 23rd August 2017. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-II exam is due on 18.01.2018 to 20.01.2018. The official notification was released by Staff Selection Commission on 16th of May, 2017. According to the notification released, a total of 8089 vacancies is to be filled by SSC CGL 2017 exam. It’s never too late to start, therefore gear yourself up for extensive preparation for this exam. Candidates are required to visit this site regularly for further updates from Staff Selection Commission of India.
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. It conducts Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and the Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDC in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• The compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2017 Vacancy
The Central Government has announced that they will hire as many as 2.2 Lakh people from March 2015. Out of these a maximum of 70,000 vacancies, will be created in Income Tax, Excise and Customs Department. Approximately 14 lac candidates appear for the SSC CGL exam every year. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies. However, the number of vacancies was increased to 9000 later. For 2017 CGL Exam, the number of vacancies as declared by Staff Service Commission of India is 8089. Earlier the number of Vacancies were 3805.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
|SSC CGL Online Registration Start Date||16-05-2017|
|SSC CGL 2018 Online Application Last Date||16-06-2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card Download||20-07-2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date 2017||01-08-2017 to 20-08-2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Date||OCT 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Admit Card Download||Last week of October|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date 2018||10,11 November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Admit Card Release date||January 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam date||21st January 2018 (DES)|
|SSC CGL Tier-4 Admit Card Download date||15 days before the exam|
|SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam date||February 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centre
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Exam 2017 has been released by SSC with the official notification of SSC CGL 2017
[B] SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfil in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2017. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are the different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
|Age Limit||Name of post||Department / Ministries||Grade pay|
|18-27 years||Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||4600|
|Auditor||Officer under C&AG||2800|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||4600|
|Not Exceeding 30 years||Inspector, (Central Excise)|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG||4800|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||4600|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||4600|
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||4600|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||4200|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics &Prog. Implementation||4200|
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications vary according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University|
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University|
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University|
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a|
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
[C] SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern – The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
Tier – III Descriptive Paper in English/HindiPen and Paper mode
Tier – IV Skill Test/Computer Proficiency TestWherever Applicable
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
• SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Reduction in the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
• Tier II will remain same.
• No Sectional Cut off.
[D] SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
Since the SSC CGL is comprised of 4 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
View SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus (Click Here)
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
View SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus (Click Here)
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• There is negative marking on SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of the 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10+2 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS(Assistant), MEA(Assistant), Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC], Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC] & Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
[E] How to Apply
SSC CGL 2017 Online Application
The online application for SSC CGL 2017 exam will begin after the release of the official notification. The last date to apply online is 19th June 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay the fee in cash, the candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within the stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
Click Here to Download SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Admit, Card
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected for the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Result & Cut-Off
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2016 Final Result
[F] SSC CGL Cut-off
SSC CGL Cut-Off 2017 for Tier-I Exam has been released with the release of SSC CGL Result which was declared on 30th October 2017. SSC CGL Tier-I Exam. Cut-Off has been declared separately for the different posts for which SSC CGL Exam was conducted. Candidates can check Tier-I Cut-Off and analyze their chances for further selection in the SSC CGL 2017 Exam.
SSC CGL 2017 Cut off
SSC(Staff Selection Commission) has released the Cut-Off List of SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Exam. SSC CGL Tier-I Exam was held from 5th August to 23rd August 2017. The exam was conducted for 15 days and almost 16 lakh candidates appeared for the examination.
SSC CGL Tier-I Cut-Off (2017)
List-I: Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-IV (General Studies (Finance & Accounts) and Tier-III
* In addition to the UR candidates shown above, 1953-OBC, 256-SC, 57-ST, 9-OH candidates are provisionally qualifying at UR Cut-off.
Only candidates who had applied/possess EQ for the post of A.A.O. have been considered for Paper-IV.
List-II: Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III (Statistics)) and Tier-III
* In addition to the UR candidates shown above, 1376-OBC, 153-SC, 37-ST, 7-Ex-servicemen, 5-OH, 1-VH candidates are provisionally qualifying at UR Cut-off.
Only candidates who had applied/possess EQ for the post of J.S.O. have been considered for Paper-III.
List – III: Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I and Paper-II) and Tier-III
* In addition to the UR candidates shown above, 23536-OBC, 4089-SC, 1041-ST, 242-Ex-servicemen, 101-OH, 16-HH, 34-VH candidates are provisionally qualifying at UR Cut-off.
On the basis of CGL(Tier-I) Exam, 2017, number of candidates provisionally qualified for Tier-II and Tier-III are:-
Tier-II (Paper-I and II) and Tier-III: 1,50,404 (Total candidates)
Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III) and Tier-III: 10,311 (Only for post of JSO)
Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-IV) and Tier-III: 15,450 (Only for posts of AAO)
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Cut-Off (PDF)
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Result
SSC will conduct Tier II & III Exam from 21st to 24th December 2017. Candidates must start their preparation immediately and judiciously in order to scale this exam. To enhance their preparation strategies a candidate must know last years’ Cut-Off for SSC CGL Tier-II & III Exam.
SSC CGL Cut-off 2016
Category-wise breaks up of Candidates qualified for Paper-III (Statistics) of Tier-II is given below:
Candidates qualifying for Tier-III Assistant Audit
|Cut-off Tier-I+II (PAPER I, II, IV)||424||427||493.75||411||264||536|
Candidates qualifying for Tier-III/CPT for Assistant Section Officer in CSS and Assistant in MEA
|Cut-off Tier-I+II (PAPER I, II)||389||370||424.50||366.50||262||364.50||449|
Candidates qualifying for Tier-III/DEST for all posts except AAO, ASO/Assistant (in MEA and CSS) and Junior Statistical Officer
|Cut-off Tier-I+II (PAPER I, II)||363.25||341||397||287.50||333||262||216||366||422|
Candidates qualifying for Tier-III for Junior Statistical officer
|Cut-off Tier-I+II (PAPER I, II)||423||397||471||364||230.25||267.50||502|